Tuesday, May 18, 2004

It's a long road ahead....

It looks as if U.S. Troops will be in Iraq for a considerable amount of time. Additional troops are being sent from bases in South Korea to re-enforce those in Iraq. I wonder just how North Korea is going to take advantage of this move? Or better yet, just what will this do to the U.S. War on Terrorism. Weren't we just calling them part of the "Axis of Evil". It's like we're tempting them to take the sucker punch, then we'll have an excuse to go after them as well. Again I've heard conflicting reports regarding the number of troops being sent. Some sources are saying anywhere from 36,000 - 40,000 while other reports have been as low as 3,600. It seams that few reporters bother to check the facts anymore, or maybe just mistakes have become common place. Anyhow, it doesn't look good. I predict we'll see a "Draft" in this country within the next couple years.
--- --- ---
I have been sending out e-mails looking for support and hope to be able to generate the resources needed to make my first trip to the "Front Lines".
I would like to be able to leave no later than 4 months from now, but would prefer to go a little sooner. I would plan to stay in Iraq for at least 4-6 weeks, during which time I would continuously gather and send information, video, picts, etc., through my dispatches. My goal is to experience and document not only what life and survival is like for Iraqi Citizens, but also that of the U.S. Soldiers on the ground, who's story has also been side-lined by our Mainstream Media.
--- --- ---
Although money is the surest way I'll be able to get the equipment and transportation required, I am open to donations of all kinds. Any unused or older video cameras laying around would be much appreciated. The same goes for older or outdated laptops. I'm a Communications Mercenary and you'd be surprised what can be accomplished with a little ingenuity and a couple hardware hacks. Oh yeah, any body armor or a PASGT helmet would be a much added bonus.